EyeLife is an ultrasound medical company with offices in Narvik (Norway) and Florida (USA). The company plans to enter the point-of-care global ultrasound medical space in 2016 with the first product launches. Our products are innovative with improved image quality, affordable, intuitive, cordless and wireless for use in multiple medical segments.
We intend to hire personnel who desire to create and shape their own work environment and have a desire to improve and change the health care industry. You will have the opportunity to work with the newest and most exciting technologies within your field on a global scale. EyeLife is a fast moving international company and will compete globally in a $1,3 billion market with strong growth.
The candidate for the position will work with development tasks related to ultrasound signal pathways, data and system analysis, transducer technology and image optimization. The position will be working closely with cross-function R&D groups to best integrate with iOS and android platforms and imaging systems of anatomy. Other tasks may be assigned as well based on business needs. This position reports to the CTO and is located in Eyelife ´s facilities in Narvik.
- Ensure that engineering design meet business objectives, design for reliability and design for manufacturability.
- Work in cross-functional teams with system groups for product specification and integration activities.
- Assist with hardware and software product development and design issues, both internally and externally.
- Contribute in activities with improving image quality by use of post-processing software.
- Participation and execution of design control methodology in all phases of product development.
- Assist with ultrasound pre-processing tasks.
- Purchase and maintenance of ultrasound equipment and the buildup of ultrasound laboratory.
- Capacity of listening and understanding in a multi-cultural environment.
- Support new and existing products within R&D, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Finance, Sales, Service and Supplier Quality Engineering.
- Participation in software application design work for the user interphase.
- Work in compliance with total appreciation for Eyelife ’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes.
- Collaboration with coworkers, management and business leaders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, tenacity and patience to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated/self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and operate in a remote environment.
- Proficiency in English language.
- Is willing to travel globally.
The preferred candidate has a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience and relevant education. He/she has the ability to learn and change course according to business needs in a fast and innovative working environment.
- Masters / PhD degree in electrical, mechanical, physics, biomedical or manufacturing engineering discipline.
- A good system level understanding of ultrasound fundamentals such as:
- Acoustic imaging technologies.
- Sound waves and optics.
- Transducers / arrays.
- Beam forming techniques.
- Echo processing.
- Color Doppler processing.
- Signal and image processing methods.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of FPGA, circuit board architectures and WiFi functionalities.
- Ability to use essential test equipment including oscilloscopes and waveform generators and to design tests for the system level verification of proper hardware and software function.
- Basic understanding of MATLAB.
- Basic understanding of programming languages such as C and/or C++ or other programming languages.
- Analyze and improve imaging signal path from beam former through back-end processing and image display, develop and implement signal and imaging processing algorithms.
- Must be able to design experiments, select test equipment and design test fixtures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Position application deadline: July 30, 2015.
EyeLife offers competitive salary, insurance and pension plans. We value a healthy combination of personal and working life.
For questions, contact Rune Nystad, CEO at +47 916 24 683.
Forward your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com.